Reservation and hotel stay FAQs
- Can I smoke anywhere in the hotel?
- The hotel is a smoke-free hotel.
Smoking is allowed only in the designated smoking area outside the first-floor entrance.
- Can I pay by credit card or electronic money?
- The hotel accepts payments by Diners, Amex, JCB, Visa, UC, UFJ Nicos, DC, Master, Saison, Aeon, JAL and other credit cards. E-moneys accepted are debit cards, Edy and iD.
- Can I pay in advance?
- Please contact the hotel for details. Advance payments can be made by bank transfer, or by visiting the hotel in person (paying by cash or credit card).
- Do you allow early check-in or late check-out?
- Check-in and check-out times can be extended hourly, and are charged at 2,000 yen (w/o tax) per additional hour.
- Are there cancellation charges?
- The following cancellation charges apply:
- Non-arrival without notification: 100% of room rate
- Cancellation notified on the day of expected arrival: 80% of room rate
- Cancellation notified on the day before the expected arrival: 20% of room rate
- Can you put me on a waiting list for when a room becomes available?
- The hotel regrets it does not keep a waiting list. Please check back by telephone or other methods for room availability.
- Do you have "accessible rooms"?
- Yes, we do. There is also an accessible toilet in the lobby area.
- Can I share a bed with my child?
- Children aged x or younger are welcome to share a bed with a parent free of charge.
- Do you have a restaurant?
- The hotel has its own café restaurant Lavender, which serves a breakfast buffet comprising 65 dishes, lunches, desserts, and a wide range of alcoholic beverages. Rice, vegetables and other ingredients from Kyoto, as well as local cuisine feature prominently in the menu.
- Do you serve breakfast?
- We serve breakfast buffet from 6:30 to 10:00 at the first-floor café restaurant Lavender. The price is 1,500 yen (w/o tax) per person.
- Can I eat restaurant food in my room?
- Guests are kindly requested not to take restaurant food to their rooms.
Public area and guest rooms
- Do the rooms have Internet connection?
- Free Wi-Fi and high-speed LAN connection are available in all guest rooms for use with guest devices.
The hotel does not rent personal computers to guests.
- What items are available for guest use other than in-room amenities?
- Irons, ironing boards, wheelchairs, trouser presses, electric kettle, and sewing kits are available, subject to availability, from the front desk.
- Do you have a loyalty program?
- We have a loyalty program wherein members can earn reward points on hotel purchases, which can be redeemed for future hotel purchases. Please ask for details at the front desk.
- Is there a convenience store nearby?
- There is a convenience store (a 1-minute walk away) and a supermarket (a 3-minute walk away) on the same street (Senbon-dori) as the hotel.
- Do you have a curfew?
- No. Guests are free to leave and arrive at any time, and the front desk is staffed 24/7.
- Can I send/receive fax messages?
- Yes, please ask at the front desk. A fee is required for sending a fax message. Fax messages can be received free of charge.
- Do you have room service (in-room dining)?
- The hotel regrets it does not offer in-room dining.
A selection of beverages is available from vending machines on the seventh floor.
- Do you have laundry service?
- Yes, we do. Please bring your laundry to the front desk before 10:00 AM for it to be ready in the evening.
There is no laundry service on Sundays or Japanese public holidays.
The hotel also has coin-operated washer-dryers for guest use on the seventh floor.
- Can I send luggage/parcels from the hotel?
- Yes, the hotel can arrange luggage/parcel delivery services by Japan Post and Yamato TA-Q-BIN.
- Can I send clothes and other personal items to the hotel ahead of my stay?
- Yes, you can. However, the hotel cannot receive freight-collect or cash-on-delivery items, or luggage/parcels containing perishable, breakable or valuable items.
Please send your luggage/parcel to the following address stating your reservation name (the name of the person staying),
check-in date and time:Urban Hotel Kyoto-Nijo Premium
25-5 Jurakumawari Minamimachi, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8411
- Can I bring my pet?
- The hotel regrets it cannot accommodate pets.
This excludes assistance dogs (guide dogs, hearing dogs, and service dogs).